When I was asked this question, my brain opened 78 tabs and started pouring information at my mouth faster than my internal editor could process. Fortunately, I had the good sense to say, “It is easier for me to tell you what it won’t do.”
- Won’t fill your arteries with gunk (cholesterol) that leads to heart disease, stroke, renal failure, gangrene, and impotence
- Won’t cause insulin resistance that turns into type 2 diabetes, type 1.5 diabetes, and all the complications that come with that dreaded disease
- Won’t turn on and maintain cancer cell growth
- Won’t overfill your fat cells to the point of spilling fat into your bloodstream and putting you among the 30+ percent of Americans who are obese
- Won’t slow down your gut to a sluggish crawl so the toxins filtered by your overworked liver get reabsorbed rather than sent out with the trash
- Won’t make your body so acidic that your muscle tissue is used to offset it
- Won’t load your body with heavy metals found high on the food chain
- Won’t create inflammation and puffiness
- Won’t keep your body so busy fighting food battles that it loses the health war
In short, eating plant-based is going to allow your body to do exactly what it is designed to do: BE HEALTHY. That means you will feel better and have more energy. Try it. Every healthy cell in your body will thank you (and the unhealthy ones will be sent out with the trash).
If you are ready to address how your food choices are negatively affecting your health, let’s set up a free get-to-know-you chat. Send me an email and let’s get you on track to taking control of your stress eating. Health@RnRJourney.com
Dr Robyn is a former competitive volleyball player turned psychologist with continuing education in nutrition. Russ is a former competitive bodybuilder and trainer on the Mr. Olympia Tour. They are the co-founders of Whole Food Muscle and the authors of How to Feed a Human The Whole Food Muscle Way. To work with them one on one to improve your health and fitness or to have them speak at your event or organization email them at Health@RnRJourney.com.