Hi there! I came across this recipe and was wondering if anyone had a healthy twist to add. It seems kinda plain (and sweet) to me. After the recent talk on cereal, I’m looking for new choices! I’ll post here the recipe.
I’m wondering if date paste would be a good substitute for honey.
Recipe from cookieandkate.com
– 1 cup chopped almonds
– 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats (or old fashioned, pulsed in a food processor to break them up)
– 1 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded should work too)
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
– 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Hi! You could certainly try date paste. But because it is thicker than honey or maple syrup you may have to thin it with water to get it to blend. Just be careful because too much water runs the risk of making it runny.
If you feel like it’s too sweet, reduce the amount of honey or maple syrup you use. You could add something like raisins or chopped dates to give it a different kind of sweetness. If you need more stickiness (if you are rolling this into balls), add water by the teaspoon and let it soak into the oats.
Let me know how it turns out!
Viewing 1 reply thread
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Order Your Copy Today!